Insurance Agent with emphasis in Commercial Insurance
Our dynamic team seeks a professional, enthusiastic and goal-oriented individual to provide exceptional service to our clients and policyholders. This position will focus primarily on commercial lines and assist with personal lines and farm lines. This insurance agent position is full-time. Duties include generating insurance sales by identifying current and potential client’s insurance needs and selling current and potential clients insurance products through in-the-field sales calls. Must have excellent communication, customer service skills and basic computer skills. This is the job for you if you like good teamwork, are good at multi-tasking and enjoy a busy office setting. Apply today at our office or fill out an application here and email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Insurance Agent Duties & Responsibilities
• Prospect for new clients and cross-sell opportunities with existing clients
• Sell insurance products through in-person sales calls with current and potential clients
• Successfully meet daily/weekly/monthly sales goals
• Learn to identify customer needs or desires in order to recommend the appropriate product or service
• Quote products for new and existing customers
• Process new policies, policy renewals and changes
• Keep track of all customer inquiries and follow up to verify that all questions have been answered
• Handle complaints, present appropriate solutions, and alternatives within the timeframes set, and follow up to ensure that the issue has been resolved
• Demonstrate accuracy in processing client information based on the data given
• Accurately helping customers by answering phone calls, directing traffic and paying bills.
• Effectively using the software systems used by the companies and agency
• Attend required training and continuing education programs regarding insurance products and financial and insurance regulations.
• Conduct marketing or promotional literature and activities in support of individual sales activities (Prospecting outside of the office, presenting at seminars, attending networking/social events, being involved in community committees, hosting booths at local events)
• Keep accurate log of customer conversations and daily tasks
• Abide by all policies, procedures and regulations of First State Insurance Agency Southwest.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Insurance Agent Qualifications
• High school diploma or higher education (preferred)
• Excellent active listening, interpersonal, and communication skills in English (Bi-lingual a plus)
• Strong customer service skills
• Basic computer & typing skills
• Energetic, friendly and outgoing
• Works well in a team environment
• Previous insurance experience preferred or related sales experience
• Project a positive image in the community
• Occasional day travel may be required for training/meeting purposes.
• Ability to get and maintain state insurance licenses (willing to train and assist in obtaining)
• Must be 18 years old
Insurance Agent Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive wage
• Vacation, sick time & holiday pay
• Full time (40hr/week) 8am to 5pm, M-F
• Long term disability
• SEP Retirement Plan
• Potential for future commissions and bonus